Thursday, December 31, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
September: While working in CA, My little sister and I visited a Castle Winery.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Our new family adventure this year is "Beekeeping". I have learned that 11 year old boys have no fear! See my husband all suited up? See my son in shorts and short sleeves. This frame is covered with bees and the bee hive is right below on the ground with a second hive beside of that. How crazy it that! In this shot they are looking for the queen. She is shy and hard to find.
http://pardon-my.blogspot.com/ tagged me to answer this set of random questions. So, here goes:
Current obsessions? Getting my 11 yr old successfully through school and getting the kids summer activities set up.
Item I wear most? My sweat pants!
What's for dinner? Brown gravy over deer steak, corn on the cob, & rolls.
What are you listening to? Bluegrass music
If you were a god/goddess what would you be? Airmid, Celtic Goddess of Healing, Medicine, and spring. Brings the dead back to life.
Favorite holiday spots? When I was little, we use to go to Shenandoah Acres Campground. It’s closed now (boo-hoo)
Reading right now? “In Pursuit of Peace”, by Joyce Meyers (LOVE IT)
Four words to describe you? Caring, mother, wife, & lucky
Favorite spring thing to do? Work in my flowers & on the farm.
Planning to travel next? Napa, CA in June
Best thing you ate recently? Sunflower Seeds
Biggest life lesson learned from your kids? How to dance at the age of 40.
Song you can't get out of your head? “He’s Gonna Bring Me Out of the Desert” my cousins sang it recently at t gospel event.
Spiders -- do you squish or relocate? If it’s on me-squish! If it’s nearby, watch closely.Read more!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
I went to Salt Lake City and heard the Morman Tabernacle Choir. (WOW!)
Installed our first ever bee hives! (no one's gotten stung yet)
We caught our first fish of the year. (Can you see it???)
And got all dressed up for Easter. (ahhh she loves her shoes)
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Did you have a wonderful pancake dinner Tuesday??? We sure did! Shrove Tuesday or Fat Tuesday celebrates the beginning of Lent (pre-Easter Season) and refers to a day when a thrifty housewife would use up certain food items in the house to prepare for the Lent Fast (which would start the next day). Pancakes are a great way of using up those items. I just love to have the pancakes to celebrate the beginning of Easter season.
Here are some "Lent Facts":
- It lasts 40 day’s from Ash Wednesday to Easter (Sundays aren’t counted)
- "Lent" comes from a old Anglo-Saxon word meaning "springtime"
- 40 day's came from the 40 days Jesus fast in the wilderness.
- The color for Lent is PURPLE ( the color of royalty).
- A time for repentance, scripture reading, & self-examination.
- A time of commitment (or recommitment) to Christ.
- Lent was originally a period of fasting & scripture study prior to a person's baptism which occurred on Easter weekend.
- Lent is mentioned first in history by Irenaeus (180 AD)
- Lent is not mentioned in the Bible. Christians use it as an opportunity to strengthen their faith.
- Instead of a Fast, some people give up something they enjoy, like “chocolate”.
How about you? Are you giving up anything for Lent???Read more!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Her first ski tri. . .My dear friend tagged me for "6 random things". So, here goes!
KATHY'S 6 RANDOME THINGS
- I love taking pictures! So the only blogger I know, http://pardon-my.blogspot.com/ told me about Wordless Wednesday. It's exciting to get comments back about my pictures from people all over the world.
- I don't like cold weather!
- I just like plain things. Plain burgers and sanwichs- just meat and bread.
- I have 3 crazy kids ages 4, 11, and 20, who keep me mostly nuts.
- God and I - I've always had an inner calling to serve Him.
- I recently messed up my blog. I did have it set up so you could just see a pic and a few words. Then you could click "read more" IF you wanted too. But I did something and now the "read more" button isn't working. Where is the magic wand to fix it???
Friday, January 2, 2009
My crew enjoys a local hike through the holidays. It's a great way to get out of the house and do something physical after consuming all our Christmas candy. This year we made the trip to Mt. Lake. The lake is one of the few natural lakes in the US. This lake, at full level, is usually about 25 acres in size. The water exits the lake through the natural rock springs under the lake. Unfortunately, the lake "has a leak" and the large water reservoir is WAY DOWN. The water level may now only cover about 2 acres. This made the lake even more of an adventure to us. The kids had a great time hiking down "into" the lake basin. It was like a huge science project to explore. It was still so beautiful and the mountain trail around the rim of the lake was great fun! It's a "have to see" whether the lake if full or low!
If you want to learn more about the lake you can go to their web site at: http://www.mtnlakehotel.com/Section_Home.asp?SID=42