Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yes I should know better. . . BUT


He's wanted one for so long!

He offered to pay for it himself.

He promises he'll be careful.

I just couldn't say no any longer.



Monster #2 often gets treated differently do to my experiences with his older brother. Monster #1 use to fall and get hurt often. Once he broke his arm in 3 places WHILE AT CHURCH (being on the rescue squad back then was very helpful). BUT that's a different kid right???

Making matters worse, Monster 2 is not very careful. He's means well but he has that "I didn't mean to" thing going. In fact, he often reminds me of the children’s books "David Gets in Trouble".

But I decided I'm just going to take a chance!! I let him get the skateboard and he just loves it. We are requiring him to wear pads and a helmet and I pray often!!!! So far so good!

15 comments:

Mama Grizzly said...

well, he looks like he's having fun!

SandyCarlson said...

I hope he stays safe and well. All my cousins broke one of everything on these. We're clumsy people by birth, but I always blamed the board!

Rhonda Gales said...

He seems to know what he's doing, lol. I hope he stays safe. f

Stacey Olson said...

LOL,, I see mom interviened and got all the safty grear too though,. Your such a good mommy..

Heather said...

Looks like he is doing great.

About the drawings--I am starting a series of drawing lessons on my art site this Thursday if you think it might help you along. What kind of children's story did you do?

eastcoastlife said...

I would give in too for the reasons you gave. :)

Gabriel said...

Come over my blog in about two hours, and then you'll see what my daughter did with our skateboard! :-)

Why 'two hours'? The post is scheduled for 1:40 AM Eastern time...

j said...

He looks protected so I say, have a ball!!

Be blessed.

Jennifer

Indrani said...

Don't worry they learn fast.

Milk Mama said...

On the up side he isn't sitting in front of a tv playing video games. He'll probably get hurt, but I bet he will get up and keep trying! ;) ((I'm thinking of my brother when I say this... he loved rollerblades and bicycles... and apparently the pavement beneath them lol))

Thank you for commenting on my blog. :) That's so true!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, he's got all the safety kit. What more could you hope for. Most of all, looks to me like he's having a ball!

Anonymous said...

As long as he has a helmet on (which he does good Mom), I say go enjoy!!!

HeyShae! said...

He'll be fine. I had one (without the helmet!) As long as he wears his safety gear & doesn't slide down any railings he should have lots of fun with it. :-)

Cherie said...

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. He'll be fine. All four of my kids took their skateboarding turns with no significant injuries. Looks like he's enjoying himself!

Anonymous said...

Looks like he's got the hang of it. And enjoying it. :) Love the heart-shaped fram. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great day! :)