Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Oh how cute!!!

Tuesday, on my way home from work - - -I was turning off a main road onto a secondary when a puppy went right under my van. OH MY GOSH!! I stopped suddenly. I didn't heard a thump. I looked in the rear view mirror and the cutest little puppy came into view. Taking a breath of relief I started to drive off and he followed me. I made another turn and he was running as fast as he could. I just had to stop. He was so happy to see me.




I picked him up and took him around to a couple houses and ask if he belonged to anyone. One lady said he had been out there all day and he had almost gotten run over several times. I just couldn’t leave him there to be killed in the road. And who knows how cold it was going to get overnight.

He still has his downy like hair. He hops around and has the floppiest ears you ever saw. My monsters just loved him. But I already have a dog. A great dog. A trained “no poop in the house”, dog. I called around last night trying to find him a home, with no luck. I was feeling so sad! He barked all night (he has a bit of hound in him). Poor thing! I think it was the first night he was away from his Moma. He ate like he was starving (then had the runs-yuck).

With sadness, I called the dog pound this morning. Surprisingly, the guy was so reassuring. He said that puppies get placed very quickly. The kids and I hopped into the car and took him up there today. "9yr old monster” carried him in. He was really good about saying good-by. There was a lady there checking him out as we left. I left there feeling really good about it and I think my #2 monster learned a thing or two also.

What a crazy 24 hrs!

1 comment:

Pardon My French said...

Oh, yeah, very very cute. I was hoping Chester would end up with a friend but I can see how that wouldn't be possible! Does your county have a website where you can electronically post free 'lost and found' notices? Wonder how he got lost, poor thing... Hope he doesn't have to stay too long at the shelter.